Happy last day of March everyone!
I can’t believe it’s the end of the month already! March went by so fast I barely even had time to blink! I only have a few weeks left of spring break until my busy uni life starts again which is saddddd 😦
Anyway, this is going to be a big wrap-up so I’ll just jump right in!
Books I Read
This month I read a total of 12 (!!!) books. I am honestly amazed at myself! I don’t think I have ever read this many books in a month! This book blog is really helping me read a lot more! Last year I only read 18 books IN TOTAL. That’s like, nothing compared to the books I read this month, hahaha!
Below you will find a list of all the books I’ve read this month and my rating for each of them! I’ll also link you to my reviews which are either up on my blog or on Goodreads! I’ve put hearts next to my favourite reads of the month :’)
- Beauty of the Beast by Rachel L. Demeter – 4/5 stars
- Death’s Queen by Janeal Falor – 4/5 stars
- Crossed Bones by S.W. Lauden – generous 3/5 stars
- The Storyteller by Andrea Tomic – generous 3/5 stars
- Ruin and Rising by Leigh Bardugo – 4/5 stars ❤
- Geekerella by Ashley Poston – 5/5 stars
- Hold My Hand by A.C. Oswald – 3.5/5 stars
- Emma by Jane Austen – 4/5 stars
- Blues Harp Green by Nicole Schubert – 3.5/5 stars
- Multikulti by Karen M. Paramio – 4/5 stars (I got this through a Goodreads giveaway and it was in Spanish which was quite difficult at times but I managed!)
- Future Leaders of Nowhere by Emily O’Beirne – (currently reading so no rating yet!)
- Angelfall by Susan Ee – 4/5 stars (could have been a 5 star read!) ❤
Reviews for both Geekerella and Future Leaders of Nowhere will be up on my blog next week so keep an eye out for that! I also have a review written for Angelfall but I honestly have no idea when I will upload it to my blog! Please let me know if you’re interested in it so I might schedule it for some time in April!
TV shows/Movies I watched
Okay so, veryone in my life knows that I am the biggest The Vampire Diaries fan and that it’s my favourite tv show of all time! TVD is the only show in my life that I’ve been watching since Day 1. I was 12 when the first episode aired and I literally grew up with it. And here we are 8 years later :’)
So you can imagine how I felt when the last episode aired on March 11th. I stayed up until 2am to live-watch the episode and I don’t think I ever cried that much in my life. I’ve been crying all day before the episode even aired because I couldn’t believe my favourite show was going to end :(, I cried all the way through the episode, and I cried for a whole hour afterwards before even attempting to fall asleep.
I was scared that I wouldn’t like the ending because how can you create a perfecting ending for a show like that? But I absolutely loved it! The ending brought me closure and I wouldn’t have it any other way.
I think Julie Plec phrased it really well; “It’s heartbreak. It’s hope. It’s happiness. It’s sadness. It’s definitely a clear sense of the future for many characters. It should feel like the end of a nice, beautiful, long novel that you’re finally bringing to a close.”
Songs I Listened To
I create a new Spotify playlist every month with songs I’ve been loving and these are the ones I particularly enjoyed and couldn’t stop listening to this month! I’ve added YouTube links where I could!
- Ansel Elgort – Thief (I didn’t like this at first but NOWWWW)
- Jon Bellion – Woke The F*ck Up (been listening to this all February, too!)
- Ariana Grande ft. Future – Everyday (Queen, slay me)
- Stormzy ft. MNEK – Blinded By Your Grace Pt. 2 (sooo beautiful I wanna cry)
- Zara Larrson – Funeral (A JAM! 10/10 would recommend)
- Future ft. Rihanna – Selfish (so. good.)
- Bruno Mars – That’s What I Like (Bruno is my BABYYY I’ve been listening to his new album since it came out)
There’s probably more but I can’t think of them right now!!!
My Top Posts
- Top 5 Favourite Angsty Romances
- Mailbox Monday
- Top Ten Authors I’d Love To Meet
- Spring Bloggiesta 2017
My blog is one month old! Technically, I created my blog on February 25th but I needed a week until I figured the whole thing out and didn’t start posting until March 1st! So happy one month anniversary to toomuchofabooknerd! 😀
In March I managed to get over 50 followers (we’re close to 100 now like whaaaat?!) and over 100 likes on my posts! I honestly didn’t expect to get ANY comments or followers whatsoever! I created this blog for myself because I needed a place to talk about/share my love for books. And now here we are, there’s actual people who are interested in reading what I write? How AWESOME!
I’d just like to take this moment to thank everyone for following me, liking and commenting and just generally being so open and welcoming! You guys ROCK!!! I am really liking life in the blogging community so far ❤
Best/Favourite March Releases
Well, that’s it for my March Wrap-Up! This post has gotten quite long, hasn’t it? I might do a weekly/bi-weekly wrap-up next month so you guys aren’t overwhelmed with information next time 😀
Thanks so much for reading (or even just skimming through this, hahaha)!
Allllll the love,
BY THE WAY; a TBR list and a most anticipated releases post for April will be up in a few days so get excited! Or not! Whatever flows your boat 😉
Was March a successful reading month for you? How many books have you read? Did you read any of these books? Did you like/hate them? What are your plans for April? Let’s chat in the comments!