HOW ARE WE HALFWAY THROUGH THE YEAR ALREADY??? CAN SOMEONE EXPLAIN??? DID Y’ALL USE SOME TYPE OF MAGIC THAT MAKES TIME GO 10X FASTER???
I feel like I’ve only just started my blog BUT NO – IT’S BEEN 4 MONTHS ALREADY *gasps*
I’m also more than halfway through my semester at uni WHICH IS CRAZY and it makes me nervous as hell because I’ll be writing an exam at the end of the month PLUS two term papers! The thought alone makes me want to go cry in a corner.
July will be a super stressful month for me but once that is over, I’ll be going on vacation! YESSSS!
I’m rambling again so how about we just get into my June Wrap-Up! Shall we?
I have managed to read 5 books this month. In addition to that, I’ve also DNFed three (!!!) books!
Jackie? DNFing books??? Yeah, I’ve started doing it because I don’t see the point anymore in forcing myself through books I’m not enjoying!
Anyway, that means that I “read” 8 books in total!
I’M ACTUALLY SUPER PROUD OF MYSELF BECAUSE WHEN THE MONTH STARTED I LITERALLY THOUGHT I WOULDN’T GET ANY READING DONE! SO YAY *happy dance*
- The Dragons of Nova (Loom Saga #2) by Elise Kova: I HAVE ONLY JUST FINISHED IT AND IT WAS SOOOOOO GOOD. A review will be up next week!!! ❤
- The Map That Leads To You by JP. Monninger: Such a lovely read about travelling Europe and finding love in the most unexpected places! – 4/5 stars
- Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins: I thought it was a cute read but I had a few issues with it! I was going to write a review but I’m too lazy to do that now *shrugs* – 3/5 stars
- The Hound of the Baskervilles by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle: I had to read this for uni and it was fine but I was bored like 75% of the time. – 3/5 stars
- Ten Dead Comedians by Fred van Lente: This book comes out in July and I’ll have a review for it up closer to the pub date!
- Blade and Soul by C.M. Estopare: I felt disconnected from the characters and the story and I was sooo bored. – DNF @ 34%
- A Perfect Relationship by Anna Anastase: What even is this book? I stopped reading after like 2 minutes because it was just ridiculous. Read my Goodreads review here. – DNF @ 10%
- One S’More Summer by Beth Merlin: I actually almost finished the book but it just got more and more ridiculous like seriously??? I might write a review for this one. – DNF @ 77%
Would anyone be interested in a DNF review for any of these books? Or some mini-reviews? Let me know!
I don’t know what’s up with me but I barely watch TV anymore! I mean, I guess you could say it’s a good thing right? No more spending the whole weeked binge-watching 5 seasons of a new show hahaha.
What sucks is that I’m missing out on so many amazing shows! I haven’t even seen Season 6 of Game of Thrones BUT WE’RE ABOUT TO BE HIT WITH THE NEW 7TH SEASON! SEND HELP!!!
The only thing I started watching (or I better say RE-watching) is Avatar: The Last Airbender! Although I do have to admit that I’m only on episode 5 hehe *scratches head*
- May @ Forever and Everly (<3) posted her 4th Writer Woes where she talked all about developing characters for your story (and me being the good student that I am jotted down everything ASAP)
- Analee @ Book Snacks made a long list of LGBTQ+ books to read in honour of Pride Month (JUST BECAUSE PRIDE MONTH IS OVER DOESN’T MEAN YOU SHOULD STOP READING LGBTQ+ BOOKS so go ahead and check out that post!!!)
- Drew @ The Tattooed Book Geek talked all about the pressures of book blogging AND WOW I THINK WE CAN ALL RELATE
- Marie @ Drizzle and Hurricane Books talks about how to grow your blog and I feel like everyone can learn from it – whether you’re a newbie or not!
Am I allowed to showcase my own posts? No? Well, I’m gonna do it anyways 😛 I HAD SO MUCH FUN writing my Favourite Hate-to-Love Ships AND my Very Fangirl Book Haul posts BECAUSE I LET OUT MY INNER FANGIRL AND I TRULY EXPRESSED MYSELF IN THOSE POSTS so go check them out because they were fun to write! ❤
(no new graphic because I’m lazy)
I had to set a new goal for my Goodreads challenge for the third time because I am so close to reaching 50 books!! I’ve set it to 80 books for now but I’ll probably turn that into 100 books around fall/winter time!
As you might now, I am also participating in the Summer 2017 Bookish Bingo Challenge! I’ve only read 5 books that fit into the categories so far but that’s fine! I don’t plan to read from all of the categories (because I don’t have time for that and I don’t own books for every category) but I am hoping to get as many bingos as possible!
- Over 5 Years Old: The Hound of the Baskervilles – this is over 100 years old so I think that counts 😛
- A Sequel: The Dragons of Nova (Loom Saga #2) – SUCH. A. BRILLIANT. SEQUEL. WHERE IS BOOK #3 I NEED IT NOW
- Name in Title: Anna and the French Kiss – ANNA is the name, duh!
- Travel: The Map That Leads To You – a book about travelling Europe!
- Outside Your Comfort Zone: Ten Dead Comedians – because I don’t usually read mysteries!!
Since NONE of my plans I set for June worked out the way I wanted them to — aka start writing, get through my Netgalley ARCs, write more discussion posts and change my blog design (although I’ve finally started with these new graphics yesterday) lol – I decided to set new goals for July!
THE BUDDY READS:
I will be buddy reading…
- Cinder with the YA Book Bloggers group YAAAS IM SO EXCITED
- Illuminae with my dearest friend MAY ❤
- To Kill A Mockingbird with the wonderful Jenna YAYYY!
You guys are probably thinking REALLY JACKIE? THREE BUDDY READS? I THOUGHT JULY WAS GOING TO BE STRESSFUL ENOUGH FOR YOU. Well… yeah. Apparently, I seem to love torturing myself and putting more stress on myself than necessary! *sweats*
SOME MORE GOALS:
- Pre-write a lot more posts so I will be less stressed and have time to study (also don’t post every day to MAKE IT EVEN LESS STRESSFUL) (see what I’m trying to do here???) (taking off the pressure???) (#genius)
- ACTUALLY WRITE MORE (girl if you don’t do it I will PUNCH YOU)
- NO MORE TBRS – after reading A.J. @ Lacy Literacy’s A Farewell to TBRs post, I have decided to do the same! I was never one to set TBRs for myself and I’ve only started doing it when I created my book blog! But I am A MOOD READER and I hate constricting myself to a TBR so GOODBYE MONTHLY TBRs……… YOU WON’T BE MISSED! 😛
That’s it I think! Wow, so many goals again Jackie CAN YOU STOP
My Wrap-Ups are always so long but I actually loved writing this one! I used to hate it because it always took so much time lol but anyway, I hope you enjoyed it!
Usually, I always do a ‘Songs I’ve listened to’ thingy in my Wrap-Ups but I have decided to list them in a Fierce Fangirl Friday post because there’s so many that I need to talk about!
Thanks for reading!
How many books have you read in June? Do you set monthly TBRs? What were your favourite songs to listen to this month? What is one book you read in June that you would recommend to others? Any future plans? Let’s chat in the comments!
*sings* my milkshake brings all the boys to the year and th- just kidding, this is just the credit for the milkshake graphics 😛